|“||I just want to live each day sleeping, reading and writing. There are other things I want to do but I can do those all while i sleep.||”|
Utaha Kasumigaoka (霞ヶ丘 詩羽 Kasumigaoka Utaha?) is an up-and-coming young novelist. She is a student in class 3C and wears two hats as a student and a writer.
She is one of the main characters of the Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata series.
She writes her novels under the pen name of Utako Kasumi (霞 詩子 Kasumi Utako?). Her first novel Koisuru Metronome (恋するメトロノーム Koisuru Metoronōmu,?, lit. The Metronome in Love) was published under the Fushikawa Fantastic Bunko imprint and sold over 500,000 copies. She has both intelligence and beauty, and is the brightest student in the school. Most of the students hold her in awe.
She is in charge of writing the scenario for the game by Blessing Software.
Utaha is a tall beautiful girl with a slim and hourglass figure. She has dark purple (black) hair which reaches down to at least somewhere around her stomach and she always wear a white hair band to style her hair. In the novel, her eye color was brown, but in the anime it was changed to purple-redish.
Utaha is a hardworking girl. Her usual disinterested expression strikes others as an unapproachable person. When she is alone with Tomoya's circle, she reverts to her disdainful self who enjoys making sarcastic remarks. She seems to be calm and quiet, but she actually has a sharp tongue. Utaha can be a little aggressive, (for example, when Tomoya said that he and Megumi would go out on a ''date''). She easily finished writing their game's plot in the span of a night.
Utaha is also very intelligent, the smartest student in the school. she even writes plays for the drama club as a hobby. She is also a little cold of a nature, but she never talks against her parents, making her well-mannered. However, when Tomoya complimented her one time, she was acting like a shy, embarrassed girl, and called Tomoya as Tomoya-kun, instead of Rinri-kun.
- Tomoya is her only friend that has been mentioned so far besides Eriri and Megumi. She used to call Tomoya for Tomoya-kun (倫也君?) but now she calls him Rinri-kun (倫理君?). She began to call him by the nickname Rinri-kun after the incident of him not wanting to read her novel before the actual release date. That hurt Utaha, and Tomoya sometimes wonders if she has fully forgiven him for it. However, they are now on good terms with Tomoya also saying that Utaha is his inspiration. It is hinted that Utaha has romantic feelings for Tomoya, but it isn't 100% clear yet. (In anime). Although she didn't show it in the beginning, she is slowly and slowly showing her feelings for him, like getting really close to him and sniffing at him (which makes Eriri angry and jealous). She has even slept in the same bed as him on two occasions. Furthermore, she is shown to be jealous usually when Tomoya gets close with other girls such as Megumi. She enjoys saying sarcastic jokes to Tomoya while teasing him. She gets a little aggressive when she gets jealous, usually when it comes to Megumi getting close to Tomoya, but they are able to openly share and discuss their opinions on the characters and plot on Tomoya's project. However, in her side story manga, Utaha more openly shows affections to Tomoya such as teasing him in romantic ways, laying down on his lap or leaning against his shoulder when she feels like it, and also doesn't mind laying down with him on the same bed. In volume 7, she also stole Tomoya's first kiss.
- Eriri sees Utaha as her rival. However, Utaha doesn't seem to be bothered by it. She sometimes teases Eriri about her flat chest. Occasionally, she gets into verbal fights with Eriri when she is annoyed by other things. They still get along very ''well ''when working on Tomoya's game, though.
- Not so much shown about their relationship (yet), but Utaha helped Megumi when she came back from Hokkaido to do the ''fate summons'' again. However, Utaha hit her on the head when she did it wrong. Utaha has also shown jealousy towards her for Tomoya's affection.
- Sonoko is Utaha's editor. They both seem to trust each other and Utaha has never lied about her book with her. They can have small arguments sometimes though. Sonoko also supports Utaha; she sometimes gives advice to her and she often brings up Tomoya's name. She is aware of Utaha's feelings and tries to support her and Tomoya. This, however, sometimes irritates Utaha, who says that she doesn't have any interest in him.
- In Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata - Blessing Software Special CD Vol.4, A Cover of Higurashi When They Cry's "Dear You" can be found with Utaha Kasumigaoka (CV. Ai Kayano) listed as the singer/Artist. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWIshqGiQWw)
|Characters of "Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata" Universe|
|Main Characters||Tomoya Aki • Eriri Spencer Sawamura • Utaha Kasumigaoka • Megumi Kato • Michiru Hyodo • Izumi Hashima|
|Rouge en rouge||Iori Hashima • Akane Kosaka|
|Fushikawa Shoten||Sonoko Machida|
|Icy tail||Tokino Himekawa • Echika Mizuhara • Ranko Morioka|
|Relatives of the main characters||Keiichi Kato • Mr. Sawamura • Sayuri Sawamura|
|Class 2B||Yoshihiko Kamigo|
|Cherry Blessing characters||Seiji Azumi • Soma Hinoe • Meguri Kano • Ruri Hinoe • Kirari Spider Kawamura • Kaho Hibarigaoka • Miharu Endo|